Transmission Support and Development
1. General Help
New to Transmission?
- Try the Help in Transmission's "Help" menu.
- simplehelp.net has an introduction for Transmission on Macs.
- Jun Azua has an introduction for Transmission GUI on Linux.
- Running Transmission without a GUI
- Using Transmission from a web browser?
- Also see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Want to learn more?
2. More Documentation
- Configuration Files?
- Editing Configuration Files?
- Environment Variables?
- Extending Transmission using Scripts
- How to build Transmission?
- RPC Protocol Specification
- Transmisson's Peer ID and User-Agent headers?
- Peer Status Text explained?
- Creating a Shark Time Trace
3. Report a problem / request a feature
- If you're having trouble with Transmission, check the Troubleshooting section of our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Check whether the problem has already been reported:
- If you don't see a ticket matching your problem or feature, read this post about what to write, then add a new ticket.
- If you do see an existing ticket, please add a comment there. The more users interested in a ticket, the higher priority it's given.
4. For Contributors
Transmission is a volunteer project and welcomes help. Please contact us if you are interested in supporting Transmission in any of the following ways:
- Code contribution
- Language Translations
- Bug and request management
- Documentation and Wiki Editing
- If you want to alert us to a security vulnerability, please email security@…. Please note that general support questions belong on the forum, and will be ignored if sent to this email.