Opened 13 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

#1134 closed Bug (fixed)

Transmission Stops Communicating with Trackers

Reported by: persept Owned by: charles
Priority: High Milestone: 1.32
Component: libtransmission Version: 1.22
Severity: Blocker Keywords:
Cc:

Description

After Transmission has been open a while, i.e. ~4+ hours, it will stop communicating with the trackers. If the log is set to debug, no announce messages show up, even if you try to manually announce to the trackers. Any new torrents added to Transmission will not get any information from their trackers'. Transmission will also not report any tracker error messages. When Transmission is quit and relaunched, tracker communication works once more.

Note: Before the recent crash on launch bug was fixed (#1126), when Transmission stopped contacting the trackers and you tried to quit, it would crash while quitting. Now it won't crash once quitting, but the tracker connection problem still remains.

Attachments (1)

trans_inspect.jpg (55.5 KB) - added by charles 13 years ago.
user-provided screenshot of the tracker tab when this problem manifests itself

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (14)

comment:1 Changed 13 years ago by peelman

I have noticed this as well. Everything seems to stall after a while until i relaunch Transmission. Since i'm using the nightly builds this happens quite often, but the problem remains...

comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by charles

I can't reproduce this...

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by charles

  • Component changed from Transmission to libtransmission
  • Milestone changed from None Set to 1.32
  • Owner set to charles
  • Status changed from new to assigned

yes, I can. a few others have reported this too.

comment:4 Changed 13 years ago by charles

possible fix in [6447]

comment:6 Changed 13 years ago by persept

I ran r6396 for exactly 4 hours and it showed now symptoms. I'm going to try 6412 now.

comment:7 Changed 13 years ago by persept

*showed no symptoms

Changed 13 years ago by charles

user-provided screenshot of the tracker tab when this problem manifests itself

comment:8 Changed 13 years ago by charles

rocketsfall provided the screenshot above, and also this useful information:

Just as an aside, this isn't just a 1.3 problem. I had the same issue with 1.22+ (6417)

I've reverted back to 122+ (6189) and everything seems fine.

xref

comment:9 Changed 13 years ago by charles

so as things stand now,

6189: clean (rocketsfall)

6396: clean (persept)

6412: being tested now (persept)

6417: dirty (rocketsfall)

comment:10 Changed 13 years ago by charles

list of changes made between r6396 and r6417

most of these changes are either totally harmless or unrelated (translation updates, changes to the daemon man pages, etc). The "interesting" revisions that would be worthwhile to test are:

r6404: rpc updates. probably not what we're looking for, but not impossible.

r6406: changes to the peer code

r6414: changes in the web code

r6415: my current favorite candidate

r6417: more changes in the web code

comment:11 Changed 13 years ago by persept

6412 works, even after running for 16.5 hours

comment:12 Changed 13 years ago by charles

  • Priority changed from Normal to High
  • Severity changed from Normal to Blocker

comment:13 Changed 13 years ago by livings124

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Sources on irc and the forums have confirmed this is fixed.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.