Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#3241 closed Bug (fixed)

transmission-remote doesn't return an error code

Reported by: rb07 Owned by: charles
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: Daemon Version: 1.93+
Severity: Normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Going from version 1.93 to version 2.00b1, transmission-remote changed from sending error codes (exit codes) to always returning zero.

The message to stderr is still there, just the exit code different than zero changed.

Attachments (1)

remote.c.diff (6.6 KB) - added by rb07 11 years ago.
Patch that includes changes to flush()

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by charles

Can you make a patch to revert that behavior to the way it was? It probably got lost when the --add improvements were made.

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by charles

  • Milestone None Set deleted
  • Owner set to charles
  • Status changed from new to assigned

Oh, nvm, I think I see what you're referring to and it seems to be an easy fix.

comment:3 follow-up: Changed 11 years ago by charles

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Fixed in trunk by r10704.

Since this regression was introduced in trunk post-1.93, I'm setting the milestone as blank... it doesn't make sense for this to show up as a 2.00 fix.

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 3 Changed 11 years ago by rb07

Replying to charles:

Fixed in trunk by r10704.

The fix seems incomplete, since processArgs() has a bunch of "flush( host, port, &top );" which ignore the returned status...

comment:5 follow-up: Changed 11 years ago by livings124

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

Reopening so the last comment can be investigated.

Changed 11 years ago by rb07

Patch that includes changes to flush()

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 Changed 11 years ago by rb07

Replying to livings124:

Reopening so the last comment can be investigated.

Thanks Livings, I didn't find the re-open option... I'm used to have it at the top (Bugzilla), just found it at the bottom.

I did some light testing on the patch I added, seems OK but I may have missed other places where the status is changed and not carried over.

Last edited 11 years ago by rb07 (previous) (diff)

comment:7 Changed 11 years ago by charles

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

Patched in trunk for 2.00 by r10705. Thanks for the improvements, rb07 :)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.