Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#5158 closed Bug (worksforme)

option truncated

Reported by: user967 Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone: None Set
Component: Daemon Version: 2.73
Severity: Normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

I disabled uTP on a transmission-daemon using 'transmission-remote --no-utp' a few days ago. Now I see that transmission-qt will not show the torrent list, and that 'transmission-remote -si' gives this error:

[14:41:16.112] JSON parser failed at line 1, column 1465: ""utp-enabled"fal"

if I do 'transmission-remote --utp', then I get

[14:40:47.343] JSON parser failed at line 1, column 1465: ""utp-enabled"tru"

same if I manually edit settings.json and do 'kill -HUP'.

so it is not really clear to me if uTP is enabled or not, or if other settings are correct, through the daemon has been running for 42+ days, and no problem is evident.

I disabled uTP on 3 other daemons at the same time, by the same method, but they are not showing this problem.

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by jordan

I'm not able to reproduce this issue.

My first guess is that you should test and see if the responses to other transmission-remote commands can get parsed. That way we could see if it's specific to the uTP field or not, since I can't think of a reason why it would be.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by user967

yes, all other transmission-remote commands that I have tried do work. I primarily control that daemon by transmission-remote, and have had no other problem with it.

I now see that the output, when using '-b', is mangled in a seemingly different way:

got response (len 1535): [various options...],"speed-bytes":1000,"speed-units":["kB/s","MB/s","GB/s","TB/s"]}"utp-enabled"false"version""2.72 (13582)"},"result":"success","tag":0}

specifically, some "," and ":" appear to be missing.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by user967

ok, now some time later, 'transmission-remote -l' fails with:
[04:41:17.216] JSON parser failed at line 1, column 673750: ""result""success"

the debug output includes:
{"arguments":{"torrents":[{"error":0,"errorString":"","eta":-1,"id":1,"isFinished":true,"leftUntilDone":0,"name":[...],"status":6,"uploadRatio":1.1614}]}"result""success""tag"4}

which again misses some ',' and ':' compared to the output of a daemon that is not giving error output.

this daemon continues in its basic task so I will not restart it for now.

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by mike.dld

Please confirm if there is still an issue in the light of #5352 fix (r14182).

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by user967

  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from new to closed

I cannot help with testing this, because I have not seen this issue in a while, possibly since my last comment, while transmission has run continuously all the while.

Possibly, as in ticket:4882#comment:6, there was a tracker fix, as I use a limited set of trackers. In any case, ticket:5352 certainly looks related, thanks for resolving that.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.