Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#5175 closed Bug (duplicate)

The progress counter (& bar) always shows 0% for every torrent in Qt client.

Reported by: dmitry Owned by: jordan
Priority: Normal Milestone: None Set
Component: Qt Client Version: 2.74
Severity: Normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Hi.

I use Qt version as remote client (OpenSuSE 12.2). This error appeared after upgrade Qt Client from version 2.73 to 2.74.

Web client (ver. 2.74) and transmission-remote-cli work without this error.

Change History (15)

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by jordan

I'm not seeing this bug. Do you have any more information on how to reproduce this issue?

Is the transmission session you're connecting to running the same version of Transmission?

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 ; follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by dmitry

Hi.

This issue reproduce in the pair: transmission-daemon (OpenSuSE 12.2, ver.2.73 or 2.74 or 2.75) and transmission-Qt (OpenSuSE 12.2, ver.2.74 or 2.75 and NOT 2.73). All applications (2.73-2.75) are compiled to SuSE rpm with the same spec-file (but not in the same time).

My current configuration is the pair: transmission-daemon (2.75) - transmission-Qt (2.73) now. I want to recompile transmission-Qt 2.73 with the actual version devel libraries to test.

comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 2 Changed 9 years ago by dmitry

Hi.

I want to recompile transmission-Qt 2.73 with the actual version devel libraries to test.

Nothing changes.

Recompiled Transmission-Qt 2.73 is working version without any issues. The test torrent (paused) show info: 2,44 GB of 4,65 GB (52,4%) and a bar have a half of full length.

But in Transmission-Qt 2.75, the same torrent show info: 2,44 GB of 4,65 GB (0,00%) and a bar have a zero length. This issue present only on the main window. In torrent properties window another info: 2,44 GB of 4,65 GB (52,4%), 91,72 MB Unverified.

comment:4 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by jordan

Hmm, there were no changes at all in the Qt code between 2.73, 2.74, and 2.75.

If it were a Qt client issue, I don't understand why it works for you in 2.73.

If it were a libtransmission issue, I don't understand why it works for you in the Web Client.

Does transmission-remote -l show the correct percentages in either 2.73 or 2.75?

comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 Changed 9 years ago by dmitry

Hi.

Hmm, there were no changes at all in the Qt code between 2.73, 2.74, and 2.75.

This is locale issue! The LANG=en_US.UTF-8 transmission-qt removes all problems (for 2.74, 2.75). My current locale is ru_RU.UTF-8.

Does transmission-remote -l show the correct percentages in either 2.73 or 2.75?

Yes, transmission-remote remotehost:9091 -l show the correct percetages.

comment:6 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by jordan

Interesting. Hmm....

Transmission swapped JSON engines between 2.73 and 2.75, and since we're talking about locales now I suspect that may have something to do with it, then. Perhaps you've got some characters in the JSON that the new engine isn't handling correctly.

So here's a way you could test that theory: Start up transmission 2.73 with all the torrents paused, then try transmission-remote --debug -l 2>t273.json. Then exit the daemon, start up transmission-daemon 2.75, and try transmission-remote --debug -l 2>t275.json. Then you can diff t273.json and t275.json to see if there are any differences in what the two engines are generating.

comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 6 Changed 9 years ago by dmitry

Hi.

Then you can diff t273.json and t275.json to see if there are any differences in what the two engines are generating.

Nothing of interest:

diff t273.json t275.json 
12c12
< User-Agent: transmission-remote/2.73 (13592)
---
> User-Agent: transmission-remote/2.75 (13675)
23c23
< < Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 20:29:10 GMT
---
> < Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 20:29:47 GMT
40c40
< User-Agent: transmission-remote/2.73 (13592)
---
> User-Agent: transmission-remote/2.75 (13675)
53c53
< < Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 20:29:10 GMT
---
> < Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 20:29:47 GMT

Please note, that in transmission-Qt 2.75 in the main window shows the progress 0%, and in the torrent properties window - real non zero progress %%, simultaneously.

Additionally in 2.75, for torrents in seeding state: the "Ratio" always show 0,00 in main window, and... real non zero value in the torrent properties window, simultaneously.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by mtorromeo

I can confirm the same issue on transmission-qt 2.75 ArchLinux? x86_64 on multiple machines. I also can see the progress bars when launching with LANG=C

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by jordan

mtorromeo, could you test with a nightly trunk tarball from http://build.transmissionbt.com/?

JSON building/parsing have gone through a lot of code changes over the last month in trunk (not 2.7x).

comment:10 follow-up: Changed 9 years ago by jordan

mtorromeo, ping

comment:11 in reply to: ↑ 10 Changed 9 years ago by dmitry

Hi. I tested the trunk versions r13789 and r13821. Both versions work as before. The problem disappears if you do start a program like this:

LANG=C transmission-qt

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by mtorromeo

I may be able to test a recent build this weekend if it will still be needed, I doubt I will have time before that, sorry!

comment:13 Changed 9 years ago by jordan

When I use LANG=C transmission-qt, I don't see the problem. (As expected.)

But when I use LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 transmission-qt, I don't see the problem either.

So if this is a locale issue, I'd ask again for help on how I can reproduce the error here.

comment:14 Changed 9 years ago by taem

I also confirm this issue for the latest trunk r13847. With LANG=C, T works as expected.

comment:15 Changed 9 years ago by jordan

  • Resolution set to duplicate
  • Status changed from new to closed

This is fixed now in r13861. I've added unit tests to prevent future regressions on this bug.

See also #5249

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.