Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

Last modified 7 years ago

#5352 closed Bug (fixed)

transmission-remote: Unable to parse response "{"arguments":{"torrents":[{"trackerStats":[{...

Reported by: Astara Owned by: mike.did
Priority: Normal Milestone: 2.83
Component: libtransmission Version: 2.75
Severity: Normal Keywords: backport-2.8x
Cc:

Description

Was having trouble with the windows transmission remote gui with it not being able to parse JSON it was gettin back from transmission-remote.

I tried the web-client -- it also says it is having trouble.

Tried the command line -- it seems to be a problem in the json when I try to look at the tracker status of any torrent:

I get: [19:09:15.408] JSON parse failed at pos 722: STRAY_TOKEN -- remaining text ""result""success" [19:09:15.409] transmission-remote: Unable to parse response "{"arguments":{"torrents":[{"trackerStats":[{"announce":"http://aaaaaaaaa.wwwww.to:3277/announce","announceState":1,"downloadCount":48,"hasAnnounced":true,"hasScraped":true,"host":"http://aaaaaaaaa.wwwww.to:3277","id":0,"isBackup":false,"lastAnnouncePeerCount":50,"lastAnnounceResult":"Success","lastAnnounceStartTime":1367114882,"lastAnnounceSucceeded":true,"lastAnnounceTime":1367114883,"lastAnnounceTimedOut":false,"lastScrapeResult":"","lastScrapeStartTime":1367114890,"lastScrapeSucceeded":true,"lastScrapeTime":1367114891,"lastScrapeTimedOut":0,"leecherCount":185,"nextAnnounceTime":1367116683,"nextScrapeTime":1367116700,"scrape":"http://aaaaaaaaa.wwwww.to:3277/scrape","scrapeState":1,"seederCount":22,"tier":0}]}]}"result""success""tag"9}

Not sure what is causing this yet...any ideas how to track it down?

version 2.75

Attachments (1)

recycled_nodes_lock.patch (1.0 KB) - added by mike.dld 8 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by jordan

  • Version changed from 2.77 to 2.75

There were changes to the JSON generation between 2.75 and 2.77. Does this bug still happen in 2.77?

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by x190

See also #5158 and #4882.

Forum Post by OP: https://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14713 "I saw 2.77 was available and tried it as well -- same thing."

Last edited 8 years ago by x190 (previous) (diff)

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by Astara

Unfortunately, yes.

It made no difference.

I tried 2.77 after filing and noted it prompted me for 2.77 -- so thought it would be worth a try...

There are longer log examples but, for me anyway, no more revealing of the problem attached to the transmission-remote bug db @ http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/issues/detail?id=655, where I first reported this. The author of that util pointed at a bug involving unicode, but I don't see any unicode in the above text. As unicode was thought to be the problem w/bug 4882, I thought this might be a different problem. Thus a new report instead of adding to that one.

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by Astara

Following up to my previous comment, I would note that the bug report mentioned had an attached wireshark conversation, which also shows the corrupt output the daemon was sending to the client.

Changed 8 years ago by mike.dld

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by mike.dld

The issue is caused by non-threadsafe operations on recycled list nodes in libtransmission. Attaching a patch which fixes it for me. Related issues mentioned in comment:2 may also be fixed.

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by jordan

  • Component changed from Transmission to libtransmission
  • Keywords backport-2.8x added
  • Milestone changed from None Set to 2.90
  • Owner set to mike.did

comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by jordan

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

r14182: make accessing tr_list's recycle nodes threadsafe. patch by mike.did, fixes #5352

comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by livings124

  • Milestone changed from 2.90 to 2.83
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.