Opened 14 years ago

Closed 14 years ago

Last modified 14 years ago

#827 closed Enhancement (fixed)

IP Blocking based on Bluetack Anti-P2P list

Reported by: tokyovigilante Owned by: charles
Priority: Normal Milestone: 1.20
Component: Transmission Version: 1.06
Severity: Normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Attachments (6)

blocklistquery.h (455 bytes) - added by tokyovigilante 14 years ago.
Blocklist query header
btblocklistconverter.c (2.6 KB) - added by tokyovigilante 14 years ago.
Commandline blocklist converter
peer-mgr.diff (689 bytes) - added by tokyovigilante 14 years ago.
Diff against peer-mgr.c to support IP blocking
blocklistquery.c (2.1 KB) - added by tokyovigilante 14 years ago.
Blocklist query function
fgetline.c (720 bytes) - added by tokyovigilante 14 years ago.
fgetline function for blocklist converter
fgetline.h (522 bytes) - added by tokyovigilante 14 years ago.
fgetline function for blocklist converter

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (13)

Changed 14 years ago by tokyovigilante

Blocklist query header

Changed 14 years ago by tokyovigilante

Commandline blocklist converter

Changed 14 years ago by tokyovigilante

Diff against peer-mgr.c to support IP blocking

Changed 14 years ago by tokyovigilante

Blocklist query function

comment:1 Changed 14 years ago by tokyovigilante

Usage - add blocklistquery.(c/h) to libtransmission, patch peer-mgr.c, and put the generated level1.dat (from http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz) in ~/Desktop

comment:2 Changed 14 years ago by charles

  • Milestone changed from None Set to 1.20
  • Status changed from new to assigned

Changed 14 years ago by tokyovigilante

fgetline function for blocklist converter

Changed 14 years ago by tokyovigilante

fgetline function for blocklist converter

comment:3 Changed 14 years ago by charles

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

tokyovigilante: I used ggets instead, but thank you. I very much appreciate the patch for its basic ideas, and for its straightforwardness.

IMO the idea of having a separate application to massage the data into a binary format is a nonstarter, so I've folded that into the libtransmission blocklist code. Also there are some transmission utilities for net calls and error logging, so I folded them in. Also I used mmap so that I can just bsearch the file. :)

Also, there's an error in the line parsing where strsep is used. (I didn't use strsep, since it'll break the mingw build.) Some of the lines in level1.txt had a colon in the description part, so there were two colons in those lines, and they were misparsed. searching for strrchr(':') does the trick though.

Anyway, this is in trunk now thanks to your inspiration. :)

comment:4 Changed 14 years ago by tokyovigilante

That's great Charles, glad to have helped. I'd hoped to get the patch in a little better state, and incorporate the downloader into the Preferences dialog somehow, but you've well and truly beaten me to the punch. Great work!

comment:5 Changed 14 years ago by charles

  • Component changed from libtransmission to Transmission

comment:6 Changed 14 years ago by charles

  • Priority changed from Normal to High

comment:7 Changed 14 years ago by charles

  • Priority changed from High to Normal

wrong ticket...

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.